Chilkoot Cafe and Cyclery is located in the brick commercial building at 826 Fourth Street South, originally the location for Kearney's Korner Store circa 1912. Before that the location was the site of another grocery store in the 1880's which was owned and operated by Edward and Philomena Lemome.
The building has since gone through a number of transformations from pizza parlour to consignment shop to salon and now to what it is today; a beautiful and cozy neighborhood cafe and cyclery. Although space was made in the center of the building for a full commercial kitchen very few changes have been made to the main structure. The brick walls, wooden floors and beams remain in tact and the picture windows in the front are still there to let in lots of natural light.